Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The Seismic Analysis Code (SAC) is one of the most widely used analysis packages for regional and teleseismic seismic data. For the first time, this book provides users at introductory and advanced levels with a complete guide to SAC. It leads new users of SAC through the steps of learning basic commands, describes the SAC processing philosophy, and presents its macro language in full, supported throughout with example inputs and outputs from SAC. For more experienced practitioners, the book describes SAC's many hidden features, including advanced graphics aspects, its file structure, how to write independent programs to access and create files, and much more. Tutorial exercises engage users with newly acquired skills, providing data and code to implement the standard methods of teleseismic shear-wave splitting and receiver function analysis. Methodical and authoritative, this is a key resource for researchers and graduate students in global seismology, earthquake seismology and geophysics.Read more
- Provides the first formalised introduction to SAC, combining an easy-to-use synthesis and tutorial guide
- Documents all aspects of SAC, from basic viewing of seismic data, to advanced use of macros, graphics, signal-processing sub-processes and much more – creating a key resource for all levels of users
- Includes reference to commonly used seismic analysis tools such as shear wave splitting and receiver function analysis, enabling readers to use SAC in conjunction with external software
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2013
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107045453
- length: 183 pages
- dimensions: 252 x 192 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.59kg
- contains: 32 b/w illus. 18 colour illus. 7 tables
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. SAC data format
3. SAC processing philosophy
4. Basic SAC commands
5. SAC macros
6. Accessing SAC functionality and data from external programs
7. Graphical data annotation
8. Array data handling
9. Spectral estimation in SAC
10. 3D data in SAC
11. Implementation of common processing methodologies using SAC
Appendix A. Alphabetical list of SAC commands
Appendix B. Keyword in context for SAC command descriptions
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×