Numerical Analysis deals with manipulation of numbers to solve a particular problem. This book discusses in detail the creation, analysis and implementation of algorithms to solve the problems of continuous mathematics. An input is provided in form of numerical data or it is generated as required by the system to solve a mathematical problem. Subsequently this input is processed through arithmetic operations together with logical operations in a systematic manner and output is produced in the form of numbers. Covering the fundamentals of numerical analysis and its applications in one volume, this book offers detailed discussion on relevant topics including difference equations, Fourier series, discrete Fourier transforms and finite element methods. In addition, the important concepts of integral equations, Chebyshev Approximation and Eigen Values of Symmetric Matrices are elaborated in separate chapters. It serves as a textbook for undergraduate students in science and engineering across all major universities in India.Read more
- Provides an in-depth coverage of topics like moving grid method, hyperbolic equation of first order and finite difference methods
- Includes a separate chapter on Fourier series, discrete Fourier transform and fast Fourier transform
- Presents applications of interpolation, splines, ordinary differential equations and minimum functional theorem
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: May 2015
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107500495
- length: 774 pages
- dimensions: 241 x 185 x 30 mm
- weight: 1.02kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Errors in computation
2. Linear equations and eigenvalue problem
3. Nonlinear equations
5. Numerical differentiation
6. Numerical integration
7. Ordinary differential equations
8. Splines and their applications
9. Method of least squares and Chebyshev approximation
10. Eigenvalues of symmetric matrices
11. Partial differential equations
12. Finite element method
13. Integral equations
14. Difference equations
15. Fourier series, discrete Fourier transform and fast Fourier transform
16. Free and moving boundary problems: a brief introduction
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×