Skip to content

Educational Photocopying Requests

Except as provided under national law, written permission is required to photocopy all Cambridge publications unless they are clearly designated as 'photocopiable'.

Routine requests for academic photocopying are administered on behalf of Cambridge University Press under licence by a number of Reprographic Rights Organisations (RROs). To avail yourself of these provisions, your institution must have a licence with the relevant RRO within your country.

There are restrictions on the quantity and type of photocopying that is permitted under RRO licences. For all other photocopying requests, refer to the Permission Requests page or, if you are a Cambridge author wishing to photocopy your own material, refer to the Permission Requests From Authors page.

Contacts for Routine Educational Photocopying

Institutions in the United Kingdom: Copyright Licensing Agency Limited (CLA).

Institutions in the USA: Copyright Clearance Center (CCC).

Institutions in Australia: Copyright Agency Ltd (CAL).

Institutions elsewhere: contact your local RRO, if available; otherwise, please contact our Cambridge office.

If your request falls outside that permitted under RRO licences, or you do not have such a licence, please submit a 'Photocopy Request Form' to the appropriate office:


All requests from publishers, institutions or users based worldwide, excluding Australia and New Zealand.


All requests from publishers, institutions or users based in Australia or New Zealand.

Photocopy Request Form

Our aim is to provide a full response to your request within no more than four working weeks (in practice it is often sooner).
Your Details
Requested product
Permission requested
  • Share:

Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.

If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.

Please fill in the required fields in your feedback submission.
This site uses cookies to improve your experience. Read more Close