The following Terms and Conditions apply to the New Scientist Live prize draw run between 00:00 GMT on 12th September and 11.59 GMT on 18th September 2016.
By taking part in this prize draw you agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
1. This prize draw is run by the Chancellor Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge acting through its department Cambridge University Press at University Printing House, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8BS, UK (‘Cambridge’).
2. This prize draw is open to all UK residents.
3. In order to enter the prize draw, entrants must leave their name and contact details in the space provided at www.cambridge.org/nsl or send their name and contact details via email to email@example.com. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
4. The prize is one of nine pairs of complimentary tickets to New Scientist Live taking place at ExCel, London between 22nd and 25th September 2016 (‘the Event’). Each ticket allows FREE entry for ONE adult to one day of the Event. Without this ticket you will be charged the full entry price. Children (aged 12 and under) may be admitted free of charge when accompanied by an adult in possession of a ticket. Free children tickets must be obtained from the box office and are not part of the prize. Photocopies of the tickets will not be accepted.
5. The winner will be responsible for paying for all expenses incurred relating to attending the Event.
6. All entries must be received by 11.59pm GMT on 18th September 2016. Entries received after this date will not be included in the draw but data may still be used as per these Terms and Conditions.
7. Entrants must be 18 or over and only one entry per person will be accepted.
8. The draw shall be conducted within 1 day of the closing date.
9. Nine entries drawn at random by Cambridge will receive the prize and the winners will be notified by email. If a winner cannot be contacted within 2 days of the draw date their prize shall be forfeit and Cambridge will redraw a replacement winning entry.
10. Only winning entries will be contacted.
11. The winners will be publicly announced via Cambridge’s social media channels.
12. Cambridge reserves the right to cancel prize draws at any time. No notification will be entered into.
13. Cambridge reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) at any time.
14. Prize(s) are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged by winners for cash or credit or any other product.
15. If local delivery of any prize is unavailable or not possible we reserve the right to cancel the winning entry and redraw a replacement winning entry.
16. Cambridge accepts no liability towards the prizes. They are supplied “as is” with no express guarantee as to their suitability.
17. If applicable, in order for Cambridge to send you email updates, Cambridge may transfer your personal details to other Cambridge branches throughout the world, namely Europe, America, Australia and Asia. You should be aware that some branches of Cambridge are in countries which do not have data protection laws.
19. Employees of Cambridge University Press, or their associated companies, and employees of any agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw are not eligible to participate.
20. Cambridge reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes, in its sole discretion, to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions
21. Entry into this prize draw constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
22. Cambridge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.