The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Stage Actors and Acting
$165.00 ( ) USD
- Editor: Simon Williams, University of California, Santa Barbara
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Acting is widely acknowledged to be the central art of the theatre and has a long and vibrant history. With over one thousand entries, this is the first encyclopedia of stage actors and acting around the world. More than one hundred renowned international contributors provide biographical, historical and technical information about actors both familiar and obscure whose work has been crucial in the development of acting methods and traditions from classical theatre to the present day. Entries on key directors, theorists and teachers, and on the elements and genres of acting provide insights into the history of acting as an art and its current practice. Including a chronological list of actors that spans the past two thousand years and many diverse countries and cultures, this Encyclopedia offers a fascinating and unique overview of acting onstage that will be of interest to anyone who attends or practises theatre.Read more
- The first encyclopedia of stage actors and acting
- Provides wide-ranging information about both internationally well-known actors and those who are famous in their own country, and includes a chronological list of actors, spanning centuries, countries and cultures
- Over one thousand entries on the elements and genres of acting provide both an introduction to the craft of acting and a rich perspective on the historical material, as well as revealing the major theories and innovative practices that have been central to the development of acting
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2015
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316190425
- contains: 16 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
A-Z general entries
Appendix. Chronological list of actors
Index of actors and directors.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×