Floods in a Changing Climate
$40.00 ( ) USD
Part of International Hydrology Series
- Author: Slobodan P. Simonović, University of Western Ontario
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Flood risk management is presented in this book as a framework for identifying, assessing and prioritizing climate-related risks and developing appropriate adaptation responses. Rigorous assessment is employed to determine the available probabilistic and fuzzy set-based analytic tools, when each is appropriate and how to apply them to practical problems. Academic researchers in the fields of hydrology, climate change, environmental science and policy and risk assessment, and professionals and policy-makers working in hazard mitigation, water resources engineering and environmental economics, will find this an invaluable resource. This volume is the fourth in a collection of four books on flood disaster management theory and practice within the context of anthropogenic climate change. The others are: Floods in a Changing Climate: Extreme Precipitation by Ramesh Teegavarapu, Floods in a Changing Climate: Hydrological Modelling by P. P. Mujumdar and D. Nagesh Kumar and Floods in a Changing Climate: Inundation Modelling by Giuliano Di Baldassarre.Read more
- Provides a framework for identifying, assessing and prioritizing climate-related flood risks and developing appropriate adaptation responses
- Presents the concept of adaptive risk management as an easily adopted system, providing readers with the tools to adapt, prevent, identify and respond to new/unknown threats in critical time
- Uses probabilistic and fuzzy set approaches in parallel, enabling readers to address quantitative (objective) and qualitative (subjective) uncertainties in flood risk management
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2012
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139848077
- contains: 93 b/w illus. 8 colour illus. 50 tables 48 exercises
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
List of acronyms
Part I. Setting the Stage:
1. Flood risk management
2. Climate change and risk of flooding
3. Risk management as adaptation to climate change
Part II. Flood Risk Management - Probabilistic Approach:
4. Risk management - probabilistic approach
Part III. Flood Risk Management - Fuzzy Set Approach:
5. Risk management - fuzzy set approach
Part IV. Future Perspectives:
6. Future perspectives
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×