A Practical Guide to Rock Microstructure
$84.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Ron H. Vernon, Macquarie University, Sydney
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
A clear understanding of the processes responsible for observed rock microstructures is essential for making reliable petrogenetic interpretations, including inferences made from chemical and isotopic analyses of minerals. This volume presents a comprehensive survey of rock microstructures, emphasising basic concepts and the latest methods, while highlighting potential pitfalls in the interpretation of the origin of rock microstructure. Richly illustrated with over 250 colour photographs, including more than 10 percent new photomicrographs and several mesoscopic images, it demonstrates the basic processes responsible for the wide variety of microstructures in igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. This second edition includes extensive updates to the coverage of igneous rocks as well as recent ideas on physical processes in migmatites and partial melting of sedimentary rocks. This practical guide will continue to be an invaluable resource to advanced students and early-career researchers of mineralogy, petrology and structural geology, as well as professional geologists and material scientists.Read more
- Contains a very extensive list of references, ideal for students wishing to delve more deeply into problems of rock microstructure
- Concentrates on basic interpretative concepts, providing a firm foundation for students undertaking research for the first time
- Covers the full range of rock microstructures including those involving ore minerals, providing a comprehensive resource
- A larger page format affords better connection between the many micrograph images and their discussion
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: October 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108683654
- contains: 347 colour illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Microstructures of sedimentary rocks
3. Microstructures of igneous rocks
4. Microstructures of metamorphic rocks
5. Microstructures of deformed rocks
Glossary of microstructural and related terms
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×