A Practical Guide to Rock Microstructure
$120.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Ron H. Vernon, Macquarie University, Sydney
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Understanding the physical relationships of minerals and rocks is essential to interpreting detailed chemical and isotopic mineral analyses. Covering the basic processes behind various rock microstructures, Ron Vernon uses high-quality color illustrations to point out complications of interpretation, emphasize pitfalls, and disclose the latest techniques and approaches. He includes a comprehensive reference list that will be useful for advanced students wishing to delve more deeply.Read more
- Breadth of coverage (igneous, sedimentary, metamorphic and deformed rocks, including reference to ore minerals)
- Comprehensive reference list, acting as an excellent starting point for research into microstructural problems
- Full colour illustrations
Reviews & endorsements
"An excellent compendium of extensively illustrated microstructures representing the full spectrum of rock types...Vernon's in-depth treatment of microstructures is a valuable addition to the applied literature...Essential." M.E. McCallum, emeritus, Colorado State University, CHOICE
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511253003
- contains: 61 b/w illus. 254 colour illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Microstructures of sedimentary rocks
3. Microstructures of igneous rocks
4. Microstructures of metamorphic rocks
5. Microstructures of deformed rocks
Mineral symbols used in this book
Glossary of microstructural terms.
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Advanced Structural Geology
- Frontiers of Science
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×