Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The Seismic Analysis Code (SAC) is one of the most widely used analysis packages for regional and teleseismic seismic data. For the first time, this book provides users at introductory and advanced levels with a complete guide to SAC. It leads new users of SAC through the steps of learning basic commands, describes the SAC processing philosophy, and presents its macro language in full, supported throughout with example inputs and outputs from SAC. For more experienced practitioners, the book describes SAC's many hidden features, including advanced graphics aspects, its file structure, how to write independent programs to access and create files, and much more. Tutorial exercises engage users with newly acquired skills, providing data and code to implement the standard methods of teleseismic shear-wave splitting and receiver function analysis. Methodical and authoritative, this is a key resource for researchers and graduate students in global seismology, earthquake seismology and geophysics.Read more
- Provides the first formalised introduction to SAC, combining an easy-to-use synthesis and tutorial guide
- Documents all aspects of SAC, from basic viewing of seismic data, to advanced use of macros, graphics, signal-processing sub-processes and much more – creating a key resource for all levels of users
- Includes reference to commonly used seismic analysis tools such as shear wave splitting and receiver function analysis, enabling readers to use SAC in conjunction with external software
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2013
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107045453
- length: 183 pages
- dimensions: 252 x 192 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.59kg
- contains: 32 b/w illus. 18 colour illus. 7 tables
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. SAC data format
3. SAC processing philosophy
4. Basic SAC commands
5. SAC macros
6. Accessing SAC functionality and data from external programs
7. Graphical data annotation
8. Array data handling
9. Spectral estimation in SAC
10. 3D data in SAC
11. Implementation of common processing methodologies using SAC
Appendix A. Alphabetical list of SAC commands
Appendix B. Keyword in context for SAC command descriptions
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×