Fundamentals and Applications
$89.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Shikha Agarwal, Government Engineering College
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Engineering Chemistry discusses the fundamental theoretical concepts of chemistry and links them with their engineering applications. The book is designed as an introductory course for undergraduate students in all branches of engineering. Employing an easy-to-understand approach, it elaborates on the fundamental concepts and their applications, and includes scores of illustrations and learning exercises to facilitate comprehension. Starting with areas of common interest, such as fuels, water, corrosion and phase rule, followed by chapters on engineering materials, polymers and lubricants, the book then covers a range of important subjects, such as structure and bonding, solid state, liquid crystal, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, photochemistry, the basics of organic chemistry and organometallic compounds. It also covers the applications of several important topics in detail, including nanomaterials, green chemistry, NMR spectroscopy and biotechnology.Read more
- Each theoretical concept is followed by solved problems and unsolved exercises to help students grasp concepts more easily
- A chapter on electrochemistry discusses types of cells in detail
- Applications of nanomaterials, surface chemistry, biotechnology and thermodynamics are discussed comprehensively in different chapters
- Extensive pedagogical features such as multiple choice questions are included in each chapter
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316675496
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
4. Phase rule
5. Engineering materials
8. Structure and bonding
9. Solid state
10. Liquid crystal
11. Chemical kinetics
12. Surface chemistry
17. Fundamentals of organic chemistry
18. Organometallic compounds
19. Green chemistry
21. Basics of environmental science
22. Chemical aspects of biotechnology
23. Analytical techniques in chemistry
24. Chemistry of carbon and hydrogen
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×