Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Targeted at graduate students, researchers and practitioners in the field of science and engineering, this book gives a self-contained introduction to a measure-theoretic framework in laying out the definitions and basic concepts of random variables and stochastic diffusion processes. It then continues to weave into a framework of several practical tools and applications involving stochastic dynamical systems. These include tools for the numerical integration of such dynamical systems, nonlinear stochastic filtering and generalized Bayesian update theories for solving inverse problems and a new stochastic search technique for treating a broad class of non-convex optimization problems. MATLAB® codes for all the applications are uploaded on the companion website.Read more
- Applications to dynamical systems in science, engineering and recursive search algorithms are covered in depth
- Important topics including Radon-Nikodym derivatives and Girsanov theorems with emphasis on Ito diffusion processes are discussed comprehensively
- MATLAB® codes for all the applications are available on the companion website for both students and instructors
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2017
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107182646
- length: 742 pages
- dimensions: 249 x 190 x 39 mm
- weight: 1.31kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
List of figures
List of tables
1. Probability theory and random variables
2. Random variables: conditioning, convergence and simulation
3. An introduction to stochastic processes
4. Stochastic calculus and diffusion processes
5. Numerical solutions to stochastic differential equations
6. Non-Linear Stochastic Filtering and Recursive Monte Carlo Estimation
7. Nonlinear filters with gain-type additive updates
8. Improved numerical solutions to SDEs by change of measure
9. Evolutionary global optimization via change of measures: A Martingale Route
10. COMBEO – a new global optimization scheme by change of measures
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×