Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
With a clear application focus, this book explores optoelectronic device design and modeling through physics models and systematic numerical analysis. By obtaining solutions directly from the physics-based governing equations through numerical techniques, the author shows how to develop new devices and how to enhance the performance of existing devices. Semiconductor-based optoelectronic devices such as semiconductor laser diodes, electroabsorption modulators, semiconductor optical amplifiers, superluminescent light emitting diodes and their integrations are all covered. Including step-by-step practical design and simulation examples together with detailed numerical algorithms, this book provides researchers, device designers and graduate students in optoelectronics with the numerical techniques to obtain solutions for their own structures.Read more
- Presents step-by-step practical design and simulation examples for readers to follow
- Includes detailed algorithms, providing readers with the numerical techniques to obtain solutions for their own structures
- Problems, solutions, and software are provided online to support learning of the topics
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2009
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521875103
- length: 374 pages
- dimensions: 253 x 178 x 22 mm
- weight: 0.88kg
- contains: 3 b/w illus.
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Optical models
3. Material model I - semiconductor band structures
4. Material model II - the optical gain
5. Carrier transport and thermal diffusion models
6. Solution techniques for optical equations
7. Solution techniques for material gain equations
8. Solution techniques for carrier transport and thermal diffusion equations
9. Numerical analysis of device performance
10. Design and modeling examples of semiconductor laser diodes
11. Design and modeling examples of other solitary optoelectronic devices
12. Design and modeling examples of integrated optoelectronic devices
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×