Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Learn how Single-Task Construction Robots (STCRs) can improve productivity in the construction industry with this cross-disciplinary text. This third volume in The Cambridge Handbooks in Construction Robotics series discusses the STCRs employed on construction sites since the development of the approach in the 1980s, presents current applications, and highlights upcoming trends in the construction automation and robotics field. Two hundred different types of STCR are presented, from the simplest models comprising simple manipulators and mobile platforms, to those utilizing more sophisticated technologies such as aerial robotics, swarm robotics, exoskeletons, additive manufacturing technologies, self-assembling building structures, and humanoid robotics. Real-world case studies demonstrate the different application scenarios for each approach, and highlight the key implementation and management issues. With an easy-to-follow structure, and including hundreds of color illustrations, it provides an excellent toolkit for professional engineers, researchers, and students.Read more
- Provides a new interpretation of architecture and construction as a manufacturing industry that deals with product rather than with buildings - from building 'construction' to building 'production'
- Follows a cross-disciplinary approach that relates traditional architectural and construction knowledge the with latest knowledge from manufacturing, automation and robot technology
- Oriented towards technology application, using real-world case studies to show application scenarios for each presented approach or technology
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 2016
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107075993
- length: 343 pages
- dimensions: 260 x 183 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.88kg
- contains: 364 b/w illus.
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Single-Task Construction Robots (STCRs) by category
3. Transition and technological reorientation towards integrated On-site Manufacturing (ONM)
4. From standalone solutions to systems integrated by structured environments.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×