This expanded and thoroughly revised edition of Thomas H. Lee's acclaimed guide to the design of gigahertz RF integrated circuits features a completely new chapter on the principles of wireless systems. The chapters on low-noise amplifiers, oscillators and phase noise have been significantly expanded as well. The chapter on architectures now contains several examples of complete chip designs that bring together all the various theoretical and practical elements involved in producing a prototype chip. First Edition Hb (1998): 0-521-63061-4 First Edition Pb (1998); 0-521-63922-0Read more
- Thoroughly revised and expanded new edition of a best-selling guide to the design of CMOS RF chips
- Contains a new chapter on the fundamentals of wireless systems
- Now contains several complete, stage-by-stage chip designs, including a GPS receiver and a wireless LAN transceiver
Reviews & endorsements
"Tom Lee has written a terrific book. Everyone that visits my office wants to borrow it, and I tell them to go buy their own."
David Rutledge, California Institute of TechnologySee more reviews
"[A] useful reference both for students in advanced courses and for engineers in the field."
Dejan S. Vujic, Communications Engineer
"Tom Lee's love of, and deep involvement in, radio-frequency integrated circuits is immediately obvious upon glancing through this excellent and original book. Some of his viewpoints are controversial; but this, in fact, makes this stimulating, hard-to-put-down book all the more interesting."
Yannis Tsividis, Columbia University
Thomas Lee uses [an] engaging history lesson as a starting point for this 797-page guide to the design of gigahertz RF ICs. In the second edition, Lee has tweaked all of the first-edition material and added additional information…The author's conversational writing style interspersed with lighthearted humor is enjoyable to read.
"...The first edition of this book, published in 1998, was a pioneering textbook on the field of RF CMOS design. This second edition is a very interesting and upgraded version that includes new material and revised topics...This second edition, which is upgraded and improved, is really useful, both in the industry and academia, for the new generation of RF engineers...and is a valuable reference for practicing engineers..."
IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: December 2003
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521835398
- length: 816 pages
- dimensions: 259 x 185 x 51 mm
- weight: 1.63kg
- contains: 562 b/w illus. 30 tables 185 exercises
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. A nonlinear history of radio
2. Overview of wireless principles
3. Passive RLC networks
4. Characteristics of passive IC components
5. A review of MOS device physics
6. Distributed systems
7. The Smith chart and S-parameters
8. Bandwidth estimation techniques
9. High-frequency amplifier design
10. Voltage references and biasing
12. LNA design
14. Feedback systems
15. RF power amplifiers
16. Phase-locked loops
17. Oscillators and synthesizers
18. Phase noise
20. RF circuits through the ages.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Active Microwave Circuits
- Adv. High Speed and RF Integrated Circuits
- Advanced Topics in Electronic Instrumentation ll
- Analog electronics
- CMOS Circuits and Systems for Wireless Communications
- Communication Circuits Design I
- Communication Electronics
- Electronic devices llI
- Fundamentals of RF IC Design
- High Speed Communication Circuits
- Implantable Systems
- Interface electronics for wireless smart sensors
- Microwaves ll
- Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits
- Radio-Frequency CMOS Integrated-Circuits
- integrated circuit design
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×