Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Emphasising non-penetrating collisions, the second edition of Impact Mechanics develops several different methodologies for analysing collisions between structures - from rigid body theory for structures that are stiff and compact, to vibration and wave analyses for flexible structures. A valuable reference for both professionals and advanced undergraduate and graduate students, the book builds upon foundation courses in dynamics and strength of materials. Worked examples and end-of-chapter homework problems are drawn both from industry and sports such as golf, baseball, soccer and billiards. New chapters present a generalised theory of multi-body impact, as well as analyses of visco-elastic and visco-plastic impact. Effects of local compliance on impact dynamics are more generally described, and additional examples illustrating effects of friction during impact between bodies in either collinear or eccentric configurations are included.Read more
- Provides a clear description of the conditions where different analytical models are required
- Offers new examples and end-of-chapter problem sets to illustrate analyses
- Presents analytical methods for calculating response to impact of rigid bodies (with friction), deformable structures, multi-body systems and impact propagation in self-organising systems
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: October 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108623032
- contains: 53 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to analysis of low-speed impact
2. Collinear rigid body impact
3. Planar or 2-D rigid body impact
4. 3-D impact of rough rigid bodies
5. Tangential compliance in planar impact of rough bodies
6. Continuum modeling for local deformation neat contact area
7. Wave propagation from impact on slender deformable bodies
8. Generalized impact analysis of multibody systems
9. Viscoelastic or viscoplastic impact
10. Impact against flexible structures
11. Propagating transformations of state in self-organizing systems
12. Impact of sports balls.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×