Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This unique book provides a fundamental introduction to all aspects of modern plasma chemistry. The book describes mechanisms and kinetics of chemical processes in plasma, plasma statistics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and electrodynamics, as well as all major electric discharges applied in plasma chemistry. The book considers most of the major applications of plasma chemistry from electronics to thermal coatings, from treatment of polymers to fuel conversion and hydrogen production, and from plasma metallurgy to plasma medicine. The book can be helpful to engineers, scientists, and students interested in plasma physics, plasma chemistry, plasma engineering, and combustion, as well as in chemical physics, lasers, energy systems, and environmental control. The book contains an extensive database on plasma kinetics and thermodynamics as well as a lot of convenient numerical formulas for practical calculations related to specific plasma-chemical processes and applications. The book contains a large number of problems and concept questions that are helpful in university courses related to plasma, lasers, combustion, chemical kinetics, statistics and thermodynamics, and high-temperature and high-energy fluid mechanics.Read more
- Comprehensive book on plasma chemistry
- Describes mechanisms and kinetics of chemical processes in plasma
- Examines electric discharges applied in plasma chemistry
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2008
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511402432
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to theoretical and applied plasma chemistry
2. Elementary plasma-chemical reactions
3. Plasma-chemical kinetics, thermodynamics and electrodynamics
4. Electric discharges in plasma chemistry
5. Inorganic gas phase plasma decomposition process
6. Gas-phase inorganic synthesis in plasma
7. Plasma synthesis, treatment and processing of inorganic materials, plasma metallurgy
8. Plasma-surface processing of inorganic materials, micro- and nanotechnologies
9. Organic and polymer plasma chemistry
10. Plasma-chemical fuel conversion and hydrogen production
11. Plasma chemistry in energy systems and environmental control
12. Plasma biology and plasma medicine.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×