Wireless Internet Security
Architecture and Protocols
$74.00 ( ) USD
- Author: James Kempf, DoCoMo Labs USA, Palo Alto, California
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
In describing tools for internet security, this title focuses on understanding the system architecture of existing security and on developing architectural changes for new security services. Topics include security threats in wireless networks, security services for countering those threats, and the process of defining functional architecture for network systems. Kempf also discusses examples of wireless Internet security systems such as wireless network access control, local IP subnet configuration and address resolution, and location privacy. Each chapter describes the basic network architecture and protocols for the system under consideration, security threats, functional architecture, and the important internet protocols that implement the architecture. This is an ideal resource for graduate students of electrical engineering and computer science, as well as for engineers and system architects in the wireless network industry.Read more
- Deals with the practical design aspects of wireless security systems rather than specific standards
- Focus is on developing architectural changes for new security services
- Examples of cryptographic algorithms are included, and examples of wireless Internet security systems are discussed
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2008
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511434310
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Security basics
2. Network system architecture basics
3. Cryptographic algorithms and security primitives
4. Wireless IP network access control
5. Local subnet configuration and address resolution
6. Security for global IP mobility
7. Location privacy.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×