Introducción a la lingüística hispánica
$62.00 ( ) USD
- José Ignacio Hualde, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Antxon Olarrea, University of Arizona
- Anna María Escobar, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Catherine E. Travis, University of New Mexico
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Written entirely in Spanish, this is the ideal introduction to Spanish linguistics for students. Using clear explanations, it covers all the basic concepts required to study the structural aspects of the Spanish language - phonetics and phonology, morphology and syntax - as well as the history of Spanish, its dialects and linguistic variation. This second edition incorporates new features designed to enhance its usefulness for classroom teaching: chapters have been added on the sociolinguistics of Spanish in the USA, and on semantics and pragmatics. The chapter on syntax has been considerably expanded. Numerous exercises have been added throughout the book, as well as a new glossary to help with technical terms.Read more
- Avoids complicated language, allowing students to grasp the concepts and improve their knowledge of Spanish
- 'Application boxes' encourage students to see how the theory relates to the practice
- Numerous exercises throughout help instructors test their students' understanding
Reviews & endorsements
Advance praise: "Unlike other textbooks, this one tells the truth about Hispanic linguistics. Here, for the first time, syntax, phonology, semantics, and pragmatics are introduced by means of contemporary models, not outdated approaches that practicing linguists gave up decades ago. It includes not only the basic facts, but also fascinating regional, social, and historical variation." --John M. Lipski, The Pennsylvania State University
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: June 2010
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511687457
- contains: 67 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. La lingüística: ciencia cognitiva
2. Los sonidos de la lengua: fonética y fonología
3. La estructura de las palabras: morfología
4. La estructura de la oración: sintaxis
5. Historia de la lengua española
6. El estudio del significado: semántica y pragmática
7. Variación lingüística en español
8. El español en los Estados Unidos.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×