Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Paul Craig's analysis of UK, EU and global administrative law examines the challenges facing each system and reveals the commonalities in and differences between their foundational assumptions. The challenges which they face may be particular to that legal order, endemic to any legal system of administrative law or the result of interaction between the three systems. The inter-relationship between the three levels is important. The legal and practical reality is that developments at one level can have an impact on the other two. Legal doctrine fashioned at the national level may therefore inform developments in EU and global administrative law. The doctrine thus created may then function symbiotically, shaping developments within a domestic legal order. The inter-relationship is equally marked from the regulatory perspective, since many such provisions originate at the global or EU level.Read more
- Provides a detailed examination of administrative law at three different levels enables the reader who may be familiar with only one system to gain an understanding of the others
- Contextual explication allows the reader to both understand the law and appreciate the broader frame within which it developed
- Outlines the challenges which result from the interactions between the different systems
Reviews & endorsements
"… this momentous new book by one of England's leading scholars in public law … reconstructs the three layers - UK, European and global - with a painstaking attention to detail, offering an analysis of how their rules, institutions, jurisprudences and legal doctrines are intertwined."
Il Sole 24 Ore
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107563087
- length: 846 pages
- dimensions: 217 x 140 x 42 mm
- weight: 1.03kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. UK administrative law: foundations
2. UK administrative law: challenges
3. EU administrative law: foundations
4. EU administrative law: challenges
5. Global administrative law: foundations
6. Global administrative law: challenges.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×