A Handbook on the WTO Customs Valuation Agreement
$95.00 ( ) USD
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This guide to the WTO Customs Valuation Agreement is based on the authors' experiences of teaching its finer points to customs officials and policy-makers around the world. Covering the methods of valuation and the provisions on enforcement, implementation and dispute settlement, the authors give practical examples, explain interpretative decisions of national and international customs bodies, and analyse the history of its negotiation. Written as a learning tool, it helps both new and experienced policy-makers, customs officials, importers and exporters to gain a deeper understanding of the Agreement's function and aims.Read more
- Review questions allow readers to monitor their understanding of the material presented
- Appendix includes key legal texts and interpretative materials, providing readers with a self-contained reference guide
- In-depth discussion of Agreement-negotiating history gives readers an idea of the original intentions of the drafters
30th May 2014 by Rodnyaho
Excellent. I recommend this book for all Customs administrations worldwide. A very useful tool for all officers involved in valuation. A reference copy in all Customs Libraries will be a very good thing.
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139119566
- contains: 44 b/w illus. 14 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Transaction value method
3. Alternative valuation methods
4. Implementation and operation
5. Administration and dispute settlement
Appendices: WTO Valuation Agreement text
WTO Uruguay Round ministerial decisions
WTO/GATT Valuation Committee decisions
World Customs Organization Valuation database guidelines
World Customs Organization: measures to combat valuation fraud
WTO handbook on valuation notification requirements
WTO Dispute Settlement case summaries - customs valuation
WTO website and official documents.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×