The Law and Economics of Framework Agreements
Designing Flexible Solutions for Public Procurement
$32.00 ( ) USD
- Gian Luigi Albano, Research Unit, Consip Ltd, Rome
- Caroline Nicholas, United Nations Office of Legal Affairs, UNCITRAL, Vienna
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Framework agreements have arisen in response to the well documented and high costs of public procurement procedures. The agreements have significant potential to improve procedural efficiency in public procurement, but are complex to operate. Inadequate preparation and implementation can also frustrate their potential both to tackle waste, abuse and corruption and to enhance value for money. In this enlightening book, Gian Luigi Albano and Caroline Nicholas look at the key decisions required for designing and using framework agreements, and address both legal and economic issues to give the reader a clear understanding of the planning, variables and flexibility needed for efficient implementation. This book will be of interest to policy makers, lawyers and public procurement practitioners who want to deepen their understanding of the legal and economic issues surrounding framework agreements.Read more
- Gives a thorough theoretical grounding for framework agreements, making this book accessible for both students and policy makers
- Real-world case studies and examples are used throughout, so that readers can ground their learning in current events and developments
- Suggests clear and practical solutions to the challenges faced by those designing framework agreements
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2016
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316572948
- contains: 10 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Framework Agreements: Basic Definitions, Main Economic Forces and International Experience:
2. Basic taxonomy of framework agreements
3. Some key economic dimensions in framework agreements
4. The economic analysis of framework agreements
5. International experience in framework agreements procedures
6. International experience on framework agreements operated by centralised purchasing agencies
Part II. Fostering Competition and Preventing Collusion in Framework Agreements:
7. Promoting effective competition and enhancing outcomes in framework agreements
8. Integrity concerns in framework agreements
9. Addressing risks of collusion
Part III. The Design of Framework Agreements:
10. The design of framework agreements
11. Framework agreements for centralised procurement
12. Policy and regulatory issues.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×