The ASEAN Economic Community
A Conceptual Approach
$40.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Jacques Pelkmans, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Brussels
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has experienced rapid economic growth for many years. Although the population of ASEAN is larger than the EU-28, the emerging ASEAN market, called the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), is still little understood by policy makers in many parts of the world, by business professionals and students, as well as by scholars in economics, business, politics and economic law. This book provides, for the first time, a rigorous analytical approach of the new AEC and its intricacies. It sets out its ambition, scrutinises its economic integration logic and detects its deficits. Besides a detailed analysis of the AEC Roadmap, the book also elaborates on its achievements. Several strategic economic options for the AEC, in particular as an instrument to accelerate the economic development of the region, are explored.Read more
- Rigorous about economic integration logic - provides greater clarity on factual (as opposed to declared) AEC ambitions, whilst exposing weaknesses, inconsistencies and deficits
- Tests the mechanisms of the AEC – provides a detailed analysis of the AEC Roadmap and its implementation so far
- Outlines future AEC economic strategy - explores several options of how ASEAN can exploit its hybrid remit of a single market and 'production base'
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2016
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316554104
- contains: 5 b/w illus. 5 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
General editors' preface
1. Introduction and purpose
2. Foundations of economic integration fundamentals, stages and credibility
3. Conceptual foundation of the ASEAN Economic Community?
4. Implementation of the AEC: progress in adopting instruments from the Roadmap
5. A reality check: comparing the AEC and NAFTA on substance
6. Options for the AEC and their practical implications
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×