Medical Accident Liability and Redress in English and French Law
$95.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Simon Taylor, Université de Paris Diderot
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
In 2002 France introduced an out-of-court settlement scheme for medical accidents. The scheme guarantees compensation for the victims of the most serious medical accidents irrespective of fault and operates in parallel with existing liability rules. In this book Simon Taylor compares English and French law on medical accident liability and redress and considers what lessons the French model can provide for potential reform in England and elsewhere. Taylor emphasizes the effect of the English and French rules on access to compensation and on the cost of liability and examines the problems that have been posed by the introduction of an administrative redress scheme in France. This book looks at the potential consequences of English and French rules for the doctor-patient relationship and for patient safety, and considers the role that national legal traditions and cultures of civil liability in England and France play in shaping national law in this area.Read more
- Provides an in-depth comparison of English and French law on the question of medical accident liability and redress
- Considers the relevance of the French model for potential reform in England and other countries
- Explores the extent to which divergence in English and French national rules can be explained by differences in traditions and cultures of civil liability
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2015
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316310953
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. The state of medical accident liability and redress in England
2. Medical accident liability and redress in France: a comparative analysis
3. Differing cultures of civil liability
4. The cost of medical accident redress
5. Problems posed by the French Administrative Compensation Scheme
6. Shaping the doctor-patient relationship through civil liability law
7. Medical accident liability and redress: promoting patient safety?
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×