Atlas of Macroscopic and Microscopic Anatomy
$91.00 ( ) USD
- Joseph A. Holden, University of Utah
- Lester L. Layfield, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Jennifer L. Matthews, Zebrafish International Resource Center
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The zebrafish (Danio rerio) is a valuable and common model for researchers working in the fields of genetics, oncology and developmental sciences. This full-color atlas will aid experimental design and interpretation in these areas by providing a fundamental understanding of zebrafish anatomy. Over 150 photomicrographs are included and can be used for direct comparison with histological slides, allowing quick and accurate identification of the anatomic structures of interest. Hematoxylin and eosin stained longitudinal and transverse sections demonstrate gross anatomic relationships and illustrate the microscopic anatomy of major organs. Unlike much of the current literature, this book is focused exclusively on the zebrafish, eliminating the need for researchers to exclude structures that are only found in other fish.Read more
- Includes longitudinal and cross sections, enabling orientation in two different planes to improve 3-D conceptualization for laboratory work
- Focuses exclusively on zebrafish, allowing direct comparison with research results
- Full-colour images improve correlation with H&E slides used in research
Reviews & endorsements
"The text is an excellent reference for researchers as they compare their mutant phenotype of interest to an ideal, impeccably imaged standard."
Jamie Schwendinger-Schreck, The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2012
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139604468
- contains: 163 colour illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Cross section and longitudinal section atlas
3. Integument (skin)
4. Digestive system
5. Respiratory system
6. Circulatory system
7. Liver and gallbladder
9. Endocrine organs
11. Reproductive system
12. Sensory systems
13. Central nervous system
14. Miscellaneous structures
15. Musculoskeletal system
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×