Soil Fauna Assemblages
Global to Local Scales
$36.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Uffe N. Nielsen, Western Sydney University
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This volume provides a modern introduction to the soil fauna and their contributions to ecosystem function, the mechanisms that structure soil fauna assemblages from local to global scales, and the potential impacts of global change on soil fauna assemblages and through this ecosystem function. Wanting to be an accessible primer, this book is a high level overview of current knowledge rather than a detailed tome of all existing information, with emphasis being placed on key findings and general patterns. It focuses on the soil fauna but contextualizes these assemblages in relation to the microbial assemblages belowground and the vegetation aboveground. It is clear that our knowledge of soil fauna assemblages is ever increasing, but there is still a lot to discover. Key areas of research are highlighted, with particular reference to the future of soil fauna assemblages.Read more
- Provides an approachable reference volume for a broad range of readers, from general ecology enthusiasts to students and early career researchers to well established soil ecologists
- Outlines contemporary knowledge and identifies key knowledge gaps to guide future work
- Promotes the interest in soil fauna and their significant contributions to ecosystem function
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2019
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108129145
- contains: 52 b/w illus. 2 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Soil and its fauna
2. Functional roles of soil fauna
3. Approaches to studying soil fauna and their functional roles
4. Soil fauna biogeography and macroecology
5. Soil fauna assemblages at fine scales to landscapes
6. Anthropogenic impacts on soil fauna assemblages
7. Climate change impacts on soil fauna
8. Soil fauna assemblage succession and restoration
9. The future of soil fauna assemblages.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×