Geometry of Low-Dimensional Manifolds
Volume 1. Gauge Theory and Algebraic Surfaces
$51.00 ( ) USD
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
These volumes are based on lecture courses and seminars given at the LMS Durham Symposium on the geometry of low-dimensional manifolds. This area has been one of intense research recently, with major breakthroughs that have illuminated the way a number of different subjects (topology, differential and algebraic geometry and mathematical physics) interact.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511892530
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Names of Participants
Part I. Four-Manifolds and Algebraic Surfaces:
1. Yang-Mills invariants of four-manifolds S. K. Donaldson
2. On the topology of algebraic surfaces Robert E. Gompf
3. The topology of algebraic surfaces with q=pg=0 Dieter Kotschick
4. On the homeomorphism classification of smooth knotted surfaces in the 4-sphere Matthias Kreck
5. Flat algebraic manifolds F. A. E. Johnson
Part II: Floer's Instanton Homology Groups:
6. Instanton homology, surgery and knots Andreas Floer
7. Instanton homology Andreas Floer, notes by Dieter Knotschick
8. Invariants for homology 3-spheres Ronald Fintushel and Ronald J. Stern
9. On the Floer homology of Seifert fibered homology 3-spheres Christian Okonek
10. Za-invariant SU(2) instantons over the four-sphere Mikio Furuta
Part III. Differential Geometry and Mathematical Physics
11. Skyrme fields and instantons N. S. Manton
12. Representations of braid groups and operators coupled to monopoles Ralph E. Cohen and John D. S. Jones
13. Extremal immersions and the extended frame bundle D. H. Hartley and R. W. Tucker
14. Minimal surfaces in quaternionic symmetric spaces F. E. Burstall
15. Three-dimensional Einstein-Weyl geometry K. P. Tod
16. Harmonic Morphisms, conformal foliations and Seifert fibre spaces John C. Wood.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×