Topics in Computational Number Theory Inspired by Peter L. Montgomery
$105.00 ( ) USD
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Peter L. Montgomery has made significant contributions to computational number theory, introducing many basic tools such as Montgomery multiplication, Montgomery simultaneous inversion, Montgomery curves, and the Montgomery ladder. This book features state-of-the-art research in computational number theory related to Montgomery's work and its impact on computational efficiency and cryptography. Topics cover a wide range of topics such as Montgomery multiplication for both hardware and software implementations; Montgomery curves and twisted Edwards curves as proposed in the latest standards for elliptic curve cryptography; and cryptographic pairings. This book provides a comprehensive overview of integer factorization techniques, including dedicated chapters on polynomial selection, the block Lanczos method, and the FFT extension for algebraic-group factorization algorithms. Graduate students and researchers in applied number theory and cryptography will benefit from this survey of Montgomery's work.Read more
- Provides a comprehensive overview of Peter L. Montgomery's contributions to number field and cryptography
- Serves as a textbook for a wide range of computational number theory topics
- Includes contributions by leading experts on each topic
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108548236
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction Joppe W. Bos, Arjen K. Lenstra, Herman te Riele and Daniel Shumow
2. Montgomery arithmetic from a software perspective Joppe W. Bos and Peter L. Montgomery
3. Hardware aspects of Montgomery modular multiplication Colin D. Walter
4. Montgomery curves and the Montgomery ladder Daniel J. Bernstein and Tanja Lange
5. General purpose integer factoring Arjen K. Lenstra
6. Polynomial selection for the number field sieve Thorsten Kleinjung
7. The block lanczos algorithm Emmanuel Thomé
8. FFT extension for algebraic-group factorization algorithms Richard P. Brent, Alexander Kruppa and Paul Zimmermann
9. Cryptographic pairings Kristin Lauter and Michael Naehrig.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×