Critical Cases in Electrocardiography
An Annotated Atlas of Don't-Miss ECGs for Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
$64.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Steven R. Lowenstein, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Emergency and critical care providers are often challenged by patients with acute cardiorespiratory symptoms and abnormal electrocardiograms. Critical Cases in Electrocardiography emphasizes clinically-relevant topics, focusing squarely on situations where interpretation of the ECG contributes to clinical decision-making. This atlas is unique, in that it includes numerous examples of ECG 'misses' - cases where the computer algorithm or the clinicians (or both) got the diagnosis wrong. While many textbooks include only smaller, black and white ECG tracings, which do not resemble actual clinical practice, this volume is designed to encourage self-study of the ECG by including full-page tracings in their natural color. The book focuses on 'don't miss' ECG tracings in order to help readers advance beyond the stage of 'competent' electrocardiographer. Anatomic and electrophysiologic correlations are emphasized throughout the work, helping readers appreciate the anatomic and electrical origins of the ECG abnormalities, rather than relying solely on pattern memorization.Read more
- The atlas format encourages quick review of clinical cases, focusing on the ECG tracings
- Includes real-life examples of 'easy-to-miss' presentations of common emergencies, teaching advanced readers to diagnose critical emergencies
- Anatomic and electrophysiologic correlations are emphasized throughout, helping readers appreciate the anatomic and electrical origins of the ECG abnormalities rather than relying solely on pattern memorization
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108557306
- contains: 13 b/w illus. 227 colour illus. 1 table
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. The normal electrocardiogram: a brief review
2. Inferior wall myocardial infarction
3. Anterior wall myocardial infarction
4. Posterior wall myocardial infarction
5. The electrocardiography of shortness of breath
6. Confusing conditions: ST-segment depressions and T-wave inversions
7. Confusing conditions: ST-segment elevations and tall T-waves (coronary mimics)
8. Critical cases at 3:00 A.M.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×