Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry
ECT, DBS, TMS and Other Modalities
$60.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Charles H. Kellner, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The field of brain stimulation is advancing at rapid pace with a growing number of techniques now approved for the treatment of psychiatric illness. This text acts both as a concise, quick reference for experienced practitioners and a guidebook for residents learning about clinical brain stimulation techniques. The techniques covered include: • Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) • Deep brain stimulation (DBS) • Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) • Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) • Magnetic seizure therapy (MST) • Transcranial direct current stimulation (TDCS) All aspects of these treatments are covered, from patient selection, through the implementation of the technique, to patient aftercare. Potential future applications are discussed and select, up-to-date reference lists guide practitioners to the most important further reading around each technique. Portable, concise and easy to navigate, covering all the need-to-know information, Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry is essential reading for practitioners, residents and medical students in psychiatry and neurology.Read more
- Provides 'how-to' information, functioning as a manual suitable for practitioners at all levels
- Clear, easy-to-navigate layout makes the text useful for quick reference in the treatment suite
- Includes a theoretical overview of each treatment modality, succinctly summarising the relevant literature
Reviews & endorsements
"This pocket-sized book is up to date, practical, and user friendly and is highly recommended as an easy reference guide for anyone practicing psychiatry or neurology. It will certainly be an asset to physicians familiar with and using ECT as well as for residents, medical students, and others new to brain stimulation techniques."
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2012
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139415040
- contains: 16 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): basic concepts
3. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): patient selection and preparation
4. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): technique
5. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): treatment course
6. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): common adverse effects
7. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): the ECT service
8. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT): special issues
9. Deep brain stimulation (DBS) Wayne K. Goodman and Ron L. Alterman
10. Transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) Eran Chemerinski
11. Magnetic seizure therapy (MST)
12. Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)
13. Transcranial direct current stimulation (TDCS)
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×