Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book provides a handy reference guide for practitioners who do not have specialist knowledge in pediatric audiology but who, nevertheless, will encounter many cases with mild hearing impairment in childhood and occasional cases with more severe hearing problems. The test procedures used to assess the presence, type, nature and degree of hearing impairment are described with guidance on how to interpret the information provided in audiological reports.Read more
- McCormick is the Director of the Children's Hearing Assessment Centre at Nottingham General Hospital and has written several books on this subject.
- Will help the general practitioner who is not a paediatric audiology expert but needs to know how to deal with problems as they present.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 1995
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521459884
- length: 148 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 9 mm
- weight: 0.23kg
- contains: 56 b/w illus. 2 tables
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to hearing problems in children
2. Causes of deafness
3. Behavioural tests
4. Pure tone audiology
5. Objective hearing tests
6. Middle ear measurements
7. The management of otitis media with effusion
8. Management of unilateral hearing loss
9. Management of sensorineural hearing loss
10. Cochlear implants.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×