Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book provides the first comprehensive introduction to the newly-emerging science of mobile phone behavior. It presents the unexpected complexity of human mobile phone behavior through four basic aspects of mobile phone usage (users, technologies, activities, and effects), and then explores four major domains of such behavior (medicine, business, education, and everyday life). Chapters open with thoughts on mobile phone usage and behavior from interviews with cell phone users, then present a series of scientific studies, synthesized knowledge, and real-life cases, concluding with complex but highly readable analyses of each aspect of mobile phone behavior. Readers should achieve two intellectual goals: gaining a usable knowledge of the complexity of mobile phone behaviour, and developing the skills to analyze the complexity of mobile phone usage - and further technological behaviors.Read more
- Appeals to mobile phone users and those who are curious about the effects of mobile phones on humans, because it reveals, for the first time, the unexpected complexity underlying daily mobile phone use in areas such as medicine, business, education, law, communication, transportation, and daily life
- Enables readers to not only understand mobile phone behavior but also to analyze it, by equipping them with a usable knowledge of the complexity of mobile phone behavior
- Challenges and expands readers' existing intuitive knowledge about mobile phone behavior by first presenting ordinary people's intuitive thinking, then following with a series of real-life cases, scientific studies, synthesized knowledge, comparative analyses, and, finally, complex thinking about mobile phone behavior
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108299992
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. The science of mobile phone behavior
2. Mobile phone users
3. Mobile phone technologies
4. Mobile phone activities
5. Mobile phone effects
6. Mobile phone behavior in medicine
7. Mobile phone behaviors in business
8. Mobile phone behavior in education
9. Mobile phone behavior in daily life
10. The complexity of mobile phone behaviors.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×