The competition is open between 20.03.2017 - 20.04.2017
Click HERE to answer the question and be entered into the prize draw!
Don't forget to share www.cambridge.org/gnomechomsky with other linguists.
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Gnome Chomsky competition running between 20th March 2017 and 20th April 2017.
By taking part in this competition you agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
1. This competition is run by the Cambridge University Press Linguistics Marketing acting through its department Cambridge University Press of University Printing House, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8BS, UK (‘Cambridge’).
2. This competition is open to anyone over the age of 16. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. Cambridge may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
3. In order to enter the competition, entrants must answer the question and fill in their details here Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
4. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on 20th April 2017. Entries received after this date will not be included in the competition but data may still be used as per these Terms and Conditions.
5. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
6. The competition winners will be chosen within 2 weeks of the closing date.
7. One correct entry will be chosen by Cambridge at random to receive the prize and the winner will be notified by email. If a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of the date they are contacted, their prize shall be forfeit and Cambridge will choose a replacement winning entry.
8. Only the winning entrant will be contacted.
9. The winner will be publicly announced via Cambridge’s social media channels and websites.
10. Cambridge reserves the right to cancel competitions at any time. No notification will be entered into.
11. Cambridge reserves the right to substitute the prize at any time.
12. Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged by winners for cash or credit or any other product.
13. If local delivery of any prize is unavailable or not possible we reserve the right to cancel the winning entry and chose a replacement winning entry.
14. Cambridge accepts no liability towards the prize. They are supplied “as is” with no express guarantee as to their suitability.
15. By entering the competition you are permitting Cambridge to contact you with monthly Cambridge Alerts and, from time to time, with details of other Cambridge products and services that may be of interest to you. However, Cambridge University Press will only share your data internally with other branches. For anyone already signed up to Cambridge alerts you will retain your original preferences, and contact info will not be duplicated.
17. Employees of Cambridge University Press, or its associated companies, and employees of any agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition are not eligible to participate.
18. Cambridge reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes, in its sole discretion, to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions
19. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
20. Cambridge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.