Other available formats:
Request inspection copy
Lecturers may request a copy of this title for inspection
Benefit-Cost Analysis offers the perfect introduction to benefit–cost analysis. The book closely integrates the theory and practice of benefit–cost analysis using a spreadsheet framework. The spreadsheet model is constructed in a truly original way which contributes to transparency, provides a check on the accuracy of the analysis, and facilitates sensitivity, risk and alternative scenario assessment. A case study incorporating the various issues is progressively developed on a spreadsheet with the links between each stage thoroughly explained. The complete case study spreadsheet can serve as a template for the reader's own appraisal of projects in the field. In addition to the worked examples in the text some exercises are appended at the end of each chapter. For further information please visit http://www.uq.edu.au/economics/bcaRead more
- Unique graded approach
- Spreadsheet analysis throughout the book builds in complexity
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2003
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521528986
- length: 360 pages
- dimensions: 245 x 177 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.64kg
- contains: 38 b/w illus. 52 tables
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Benefit-cost analysis - introduction and overview
2. Investment appraisal: principles
3. Investment appraisals: decision rules
4. Private benefit-cost analysis - financial analysis
5. Efficiency benefit–cost analysis
6. Calculating the net benefits to the referent group
7. Consumer and producer surplus in benefit-cost analysis
8. Valuing traded and non-traded commodities in benefit-cost analysis
9. Incorporating risk in benefit-cost analysis
10. The social discount rate, cost of public funds, and the value of Information
11. Weighting net benefits to account for income distribution
12. Valuation of non-marketed goods
13. Economic impact analysis
Writing the benefit-cost analysis report.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×