Providing a comprehensive introduction to speech and language therapy, this book introduces students to the linguistic, medical, scientific and psychological disciplines that lie at the foundation of this health profession. As well as examining foundational disciplines the volume also addresses professional issues in speech and language therapy and examines how therapists assess and treat clients with communication and swallowing disorders. The book makes extensive use of group exercises that allows SLT students opportunity for practice-based learning. It also includes multiple case studies to encourage discussion of assessment and intervention practices and end-of-chapter questions with complete answers to test knowledge and understanding. As well as providing a solid theoretical grounding in communication disorders, this volume will equip students with a range of professional skills, such as how to treat patients, how to diagnose and assess clients, how to help parents support children with communication disabilities, and how to assess the effectiveness of the various practices and methods used in intervention.Read more
- Each chapter concludes with annotated further readings that allow students to develop their understanding of the chapter topics in a highly targeted way
- Key points boxes at the end of each section summarize critical points, to ensure students have sound knowledge of a topic before proceeding to the next section
- A comprehensive glossary of over 600 entries that defines all terms used in the book provides quick and easy access
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 2018
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316626719
- length: 434 pages
- dimensions: 245 x 174 x 20 mm
- weight: 0.88kg
- contains: 44 b/w illus. 2 colour illus. 15 tables 17 exercises
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to speech and language therapy
2. Linguistic disciplines
3. Medical and scientific disciplines
4. Psychological disciplines
5. Assessment and diagnosis
6. Intervention and outcomes
7. The profession of speech and language therapy.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in