Fundamentals of Linear Control
A Concise Approach
- Author: Maurício C. de Oliveira, University of California, San Diego
Taking a different approach from standard thousand-page reference-style control textbooks, Fundamentals of Linear Control provides a concise yet comprehensive introduction to the analysis and design of feedback control systems in fewer than 400 pages. The text focuses on classical methods for dynamic linear systems in the frequency domain. The treatment is, however, modern and the reader is kept aware of contemporary tools and techniques, such as state space methods and robust and nonlinear control. Featuring fully worked design examples, richly illustrated chapters, and an extensive set of homework problems and examples spanning across the text for gradual challenge and perspective, this textbook is an excellent choice for senior-level courses in systems and control or as a complementary reference in introductory graduate level courses. The text is designed to appeal to a broad audience of engineers and scientists interested in learning the main ideas behind feedback control theory.Read more
- Provides a comprehensive yet concise introduction to the analysis and design of feedback control systems, with the required content presented in less than 400 pages, versus the typical thousand-page standard control textbooks presently available
- Features fully worked examples and richly illustrated chapters, complemented by an extensive set of homework problems with activities in MATLAB®, allowing students to gain valuable hands-on experience by solving select problems which span across chapters
- Offers a complete teaching package on the companion website that include all MATLAB® scripts to generate all figures and tables in the book and a complete solutions manual
Reviews & endorsements
'Fundamentals of Linear Control addresses the essential elements in linear feedback control systems by theory and example. It serves the beginning student as a thorough, introductory text, and the practicing engineer as a useful and practical reference.' Mike Borrello, Principal Controls Engineer, Philips Healthcare
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316953464
- contains: 144 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Problem guide matrix
2. Dynamic system
3. Transfer-function models
4. Feedback analysis
5. State-space models and linearization
6. Controller design
7. Frequency domain
8. Performance and robustness
Solutions to problems.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked