The third edition of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete continues to be the most comprehensive text for engineering students, instructors and practising engineers. Theoretical and practical aspects of analysis and design are presented in a clear, easy-to-follow manner and are complemented by numerous illustrative and design examples to aid students' comprehension of complex concepts. This edition has been fully updated to reflect recent amendments and addenda to the Australian Standard for Concrete Structures AS3600–2009 and allied standards. Two new chapters, covering T-beams, irregular-shaped sections and continuous beams, and strut-and-tie modelling have been added as discrete modules to enhance the progression of topics. Additional information is provided on fire resistance, detailing and covering, long-term deflection and design for torsion. An expanded collection of end-of-chapter tutorial problems consolidate student learning and develop problem-solving skills. Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete remains an indispensable resource for students and engineers continuing their professional development.Read more
- Presents a comprehensive yet accessible treatment of reinforced and prestressed concrete for undergraduate students
- Includes numerous worked examples supplemented by exercise problems
- This third edition is updated to include the current AS3600 Australian Standards
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: July 2018
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108405645
- length: 536 pages
- dimensions: 255 x 191 x 28 mm
- weight: 1.08kg
- contains: 339 b/w illus. 33 tables
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
Part I. Reinforced Concrete:
2. Design properties of materials
3. Analysis and design of rectangular beams for bending
4. T-beams and irregular-shaped sections
5. Deflection of beams and crack control
6. Ultimate strength design for shear
7. Ultimate strength design for torsion
8. Bond and stress development
12. Footings, pile caps and retaining walls
13. Strut-and-tie modelling of concrete structures
Part II. Prestressed Concrete:
14. Introduction to prestressed concrete
15. Critical stress stat analysis of beams
16. Critical stress state design of beams
17. Ultimate strength analysis of beams
18. End blocks for prestressing anchorages
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in