Fundamentals of MIMO Wireless Communications
$75.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Rakhesh Singh Kshetrimayum, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Written in an easy-to-follow, tutorial style, this complete guide will allow students to quickly understand the key principles, techniques and applications of MIMO wireless communications. Important concepts such as MIMO channel models, power allocation and channel capacity, space-time codes, MIMO detection and antenna selection are covered in detail, providing practical insights into the world of modern telecommunication systems. The most up-to-date techniques are explained, with examples including spatial modulation, MIMO-based cooperative communications, large-scale MIMO systems, massive MIMO and space-time block coded spatial modulation. Supported by numerous solved examples, review questions, MATLAB problems and lecture slides, and including all the necessary mathematical background, this is an ideal text for students taking graduate, single-semester courses in wireless communications.Read more
- Provides up-to-date MIMO techniques in a clear and coherent manner
- Covering recent researches including spatial modulation, large-scale MIMO systems and massive MIMO
- Offers plenty of solved examples, numerical exercises, and review questions
- Useful MATLAB programs are interspersed throughout the text
21st Mar 2018 by Madhusudhanan
This book is very interesting to read and it gives a wide knowledge to troubleshoot various issues in wireless MIMO communication systems. I like this book because I got an idea about continuity of analytical steps. It would definitely help me learn much about technical concepts along with mathematical modeling. It is very useful for my research.
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2019
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108561037
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
List of tables
List of figures
1. Introduction to MIMO systems
2. Classical and generalized fading distributions
3. Analytical MIMO channel model
4. Power allocation in MIMO systems
5. Channel capacity of simplified MIMO channels
6. MIMO channel capacity
7. Introduction to space-time codes
8. Space-time block and trellis codes
9. Introduction to MIMO detection
10. Advanced MIMO detection techniques
11. Antenna selection and spatial modulation
12. Advanced topics in MIMO wireless communications
Appendix A. Matrices
Appendix B. MGF of Hermitian quadratic form in complex Gaussian variation
Appendix C. Basics of information theory
Appendix D. Basics of convolutional codes
Appendix E. Basics of turbo codes
Appendix F. Algebraic structures
Appendix G. An introduction to game theory
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to instructors whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, instructors should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other instructors may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Instructors are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked