Helping learners perform their best in the IELTS test
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world's most popular English language test for higher education and global migration, with over 3 million tests taken in the last year. Designed to test English at all CEFR levels, IELTS is accepted by more than 10,000 institutions, employers and government bodies worldwide.
>Find out more about the IELTS test
Prepare with the IELTS experts
Together, Cambridge University Press and Cambridge English Language Assessment – the organisation that produces IELTS – bring you Official Cambridge IELTS preparation material. Our authors are experts in the IELTS test and all our material is validated by the team who produce the real test, so you can be confident your students will be fully prepared for test day.
>See our range of IELTS preparation materials
Helping teachers on their IELTS journey
Teaching IELTS can sometimes be challenging, especially if you're new to the test; rolling intakes, mixed-ability classes and high student expectations can be difficult to manage. Our materials aim to develop your understanding of the IELTS test and boost your confidence in the classroom.
1. Online teaching course
Gain a thorough understanding of IELTS and help your learners approach the test with confidence with our 20-hour How to teach IELTS online course.
- 18 months' access means you can study whenever you have time.
- Designed for teachers with at least a B2 level of English.
- Written by our world-leading authors, each unit in the course has interactive exercises to check your understanding, tasks for you to try out in the classroom, and sections for you to review your learning.
- Certificate of completion - when you complete 80% of the tasks in the course, and provide suitable responses for 75% of the course, you will be eligible for a course completion certificate.
- Progress tracker – you can see how you are progressing in the course, and if you are a trainer or co-ordinator for a team of teachers, you can see how each of them is progressing.
>Download the course outline
>Buy from the eshop
2. Cambridge IELTS blog
Get tips and advice from Cambridge IELTS experts in a series of webinars, videos and articles.
>Vist the Cambridge IELTS blog
3. Authentic practice tests
Our official practice tests are written by the same team that writes the real test and are perfect for developing exam techniques. But there'ss much more you can do with practice tests. Our Practice Makes Perfect website has classroom ideas and lesson plans to help you get the most out of practice tests.
>Visit the Practice Makes Perfect website
4. Teaching IELTS videos
Watch our experts talk through each of the four skills and share ideas for the classroom.
>Visit the Teaching IELTS playlist
5. How IELTS is assessed
Understanding how the IELTS test is scored and what examiners are looking for means you can help students develop their exam skills.
>See the assessment criteria