Introducción a la lingüística hispánica
- José Ignacio Hualde, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Antxon Olarrea, University of Arizona
- Anna María Escobar, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Catherine E. Travis, University of New Mexico
Written entirely in Spanish, this is the ideal introduction to Spanish linguistics for students. Using clear explanations, it covers all the basic concepts required to study the structural aspects of the Spanish language - phonetics and phonology, morphology and syntax - as well as the history of Spanish, its dialects and linguistic variation. This second edition incorporates new features designed to enhance its usefulness for classroom teaching: chapters have been added on the sociolinguistics of Spanish in the USA, and on semantics and pragmatics. The chapter on syntax has been considerably expanded. Numerous exercises have been added throughout the book, as well as a new glossary to help with technical terms.Read more
- Avoids complicated language, allowing students to grasp the concepts and improve their knowledge of Spanish
- 'Application boxes' encourage students to see how the theory relates to the practice
- Numerous exercises throughout help instructors test their students' understanding
Reviews & endorsements
'The gold standard among introductory texts on Hispanic linguistics.' Joe Barcroft, Washington University, St LouisSee more reviews
'Unlike other textbooks, this one tells the truth about Hispanic linguistics. Here, for the first time, syntax, phonology, semantics, and pragmatics are introduced by means of contemporary models, not outdated approaches that practising linguists gave up decades ago. It includes not only the basic facts, but also fascinating regional, social, and historical variation.' John M. Lipski, Pennsylvania State University
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: June 2010
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511687457
- contains: 67 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. La lingüística: ciencia cognitiva
2. Los sonidos de la lengua: fonética y fonología
3. La estructura de las palabras: morfología
4. La estructura de la oración: sintaxis
5. Historia de la lengua española
6. El estudio del significado: semántica y pragmática
7. Variación lingüística en español
8. El español en los Estados Unidos.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in