Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Specifically dedicated to the synthesis, properties and reactions of amines, this up-to-date resource demonstrates the importance of amines to life, and provides a short history of the development of ammonia synthesis and of amine chemistry from the 19th century to the present day. Practical synthetic and analytical methods are presented for laboratory preparation and detection of amines and their role in industry is reviewed. The work will be an invaluable reference for undergraduates and postgraduates, and for chemical researchers working in industry.Read more
- Covers the chemistry and properties of all types of amines in a single book, plus all of the important synthesis and reactions of amines
- Discusses application of amines in a variety of industries
- Written by a chemist with over 20 years of practical experience with amines
Reviews & endorsements
"Lawrence's resource book brings up-to-date information about amines to the practicing chemist. Highly recommended." J. Landesberg, Adelphi University, CHOICESee more reviews
"Stephen Lawrence has made a noble attempt to produce a thorough review of such a diverse field of organic chemistry...The introductory, historical section is fascinating, written as it is, from an industrial perspective."
Mark Wood, Chemistry World
"This emphasis on the industrial uses of amines gives the book a unique perspective, and makes it a potentially valuable teaching resource."
Michael North, Angewandte Chemie (International Edition)
"This is a useful book for scientists to gain a knowledge of the industrial uses of amines and related substances, and has interesting historical perspectives in some chapters."
Trevor Laird, Organic Process Research & Development Journal
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2006
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521029728
- length: 384 pages
- dimensions: 242 x 169 x 19 mm
- weight: 0.615kg
- contains: 58 b/w illus. 21 tables
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to the amines
2. Aliphatic, fatty and cyclic amines
3. Aryl amines
4. Heterocyclic amines
5. Inorganic amines, hydrazine, hydroxylamine and amine ligands
6. Small-scale syntheses and analytical methods for amines
7. Amine protection, amine oxides and amino acids
8. Selected commercial applications of amines
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×