Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The essential guide for anyone wanting a quick introduction to the fundamental ideas underlying photonics. The author uses his forty years of experience in photonics research and teaching to provide intuitive explanations of key concepts, and demonstrates how these relate to the operation of photonic devices and systems. Readers will gain insight into the nature of light and the ways in which it interacts with materials and structures, and learn how these basic ideas are applied in areas such as optical systems, 3D imaging and astronomy. Carefully designed worked examples and end-of-chapter problems enable students to check their understanding, with full solutions available online. Mathematical treatments are kept as simple as possible, allowing readers to grasp even the most complex of concepts. Clear, concise and accessible, this is the perfect guide for undergraduate students taking a first course in photonics, and anyone in academia or industry wanting to review the fundamentals.Read more
- Explains the fundamentals, but also shows how these relate to the operation of photonic devices and systems
- Provides accessible and intuitive mathematical explanations
- Includes carefully designed worked examples and end-of-chapter problems
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Publication planned for: March 2020
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316609415
- dimensions: 228 x 152 mm
- availability: Not yet published - available from March 2020
Table of Contents
1. Photonics – an introduction
2. The nature of light
3. Light interacting with materials
4. Light interacting with structures
5. Photonic tools
6. The future.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in