Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The Chinese people have honoured, revered and cherished jade for over 8,000 years. Consequently, jade has played a unique role in the development of Chinese culture. Jade carvings survive not simply as beautiful works of art, but also as cultural relics shedding light on the spiritual life of ancient China. Utilising a wealth of archaeological evidence and illustrated with precious artifacts, Chinese Jade provides an introduction to the fascinating world of Chinese jade from ancient to modern times.Read more
- An accessible introduction to the exquisite, ancient world of Chinese jade
- Written by a leading Chinese expert whose work is not widely available in the West
- Full colour illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: September 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186841
- length: 152 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.28kg
- contains: 103 colour illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Unveiling the mystery of jade: overview
2. The sacred world: the time of jade for gods
3. Imperial companions: the time of jade for kings
4. Enter civil society: the time of jade for the people
5. A colorful world: jade ware in modern times
Appendix: chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×