Leading your Research Team in Science
$20.00 ( ) USD
- Author: Ritsert C. Jansen, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Team leaders should be full of ideas for new research projects and inspire a research group to achieve great results. This practical guide for team leaders, and those who aspire to become team leader, offers a unique approach to help readers develop research and become a more independent and productive investigator. Readers can learn how to recruit and develop talented team members, how to negotiate contracts and manage projects, and how to create wider visibility and publicity for their science. From human resources and project finances, legal affairs and knowledge transfer to public engagement and media performance, the book provides guidance to enhance skills and combine them with those of support staff on the road to success. With numerous valuable tips, real-life stories and practical exercises, this must-read guide provides everything needed to take responsibility for leading research teams. This title is available as Open Access via Cambridge Core.Read more
- The third part of a trilogy for early career researchers at work, providing a valuable guide to the business of running a research lab and how to build a career as an independent investigator
- Covers all key topics relevant to an early-career scientist, including open access, open science, citizen science, reproducibility of research, codes of conduct for good research practices, preparing team members for a career inside or outside academia
- This title is also available as Open Access via Cambridge Core
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108756266
- contains: 21 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Team:
Part II. Organization:
7. Human Resources
8. Financial affairs
9. Legal affairs
10. Patent affairs
Part III. Society:
12. Open science
13. Citizen science
15. Web profile.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×