Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
In this illustrated introduction Wen Haiming explores the characteristics of different philosophers in Chinese history and distinguishes the 'Chinese philosophical sensibility' motivating their thoughts. Employing Western philosophical categories to describe significant issues in the history of philosophy, Wen Haiming considers Chinese political philosophy in the pre-Qin era, Chinese metaphysics from Han to Tang dynasties, Chinese epistemology from Song to Ming dynasties and modern Chinese-Western comparative philosophy. Chinese Philosophy provides a clear, accessible conception of the Chinese philosophical sensibility and its evolution throughout history.Read more
- An accessible introduction to the history of Chinese philosophy
- Written by a leading Chinese scholar with an international profile
- Full colour illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: March 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186766
- length: 172 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 9 mm
- weight: 0.31kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
Introduction: what is Chinese philosophy?
1. Zhouyi: the starting point of Chinese philosophy
2. Chinese political philosophy: pre-Qin philosophers
3. Chinese metaphysics: interpretations of the world from Han to Tang dynasties
4. Chinese epistemology: Song-Ming philosophers on the relationship between mind-heart and things-events
5. The Dao of Chinese philosophy
6. Modern Chinese philosophy: New Confucianism and East-West comparative philosophy
Appendix I. Table of key philosophical terms
Appendix II. Timeline of Chinese and Western philosophies
Appendix III. Chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked