Other available formats:
Request inspection copy
Lecturers may request a copy of this title for inspection
Principles of Integrated Marketing Communications explains the principles and practice of implementing effective IMC using a variety of channels and techniques. It equips readers with the knowledge to develop sophisticated marketing campaigns for contemporary business environments. Designed to introduce readers to IMC in an engaging way, this valuable resource: • Covers the latest concepts and tools in marketing and communications • Presents topics in light of their underlying theories and principles • Includes case studies adapted from recent, real-world examples (drawn from both Australian and international contexts). Each chapter contains a 'Further thinking' section, giving readers the opportunity to extend their understanding of the conceptual and historical underpinnings of IMC, and teaching them how to analyse and overcome problems when devising an IMC strategy. Each chapter also includes learning objectives and review questions, to reinforce knowledge. Additional material - including extra case studies and topical multimedia files - is available on the companion website at www.cambridge.edu.au/academic/imc.Read more
- The book presents topics in light of their underlying theories and principles, to enhance students' understanding and stimulate thinking and discussion
- It includes case studies adapted from recent, real-world examples (drawn from both Australian and international contexts) throughout to illustrate how the theories and principles are applied in business
- Features a continually updated companion website
Reviews & endorsements
'I really like the book and the approach, it's refreshingly different which is what I have been looking for. It is also not American-saturated which is a great relief … The book reads very well and is properly oriented into marketing thinking not advertising. … What appeals to me most about Lawrence's book is the strong marketing focus - I teach marketing students not advertising students so have been wanting a text that focuses on aspects marketers want to know about! The thinking questions are also excellent and I will be using those to help me put the assignments together.' Kate Jones, Auckland University of TechnologySee more reviews
'Highlights of the book include its engaging writing style and its judicious use of evidence to support theories and claims. Its length is suitable for teaching needs, and I will be recommending it to colleagues.' Robert East, Kingston Business School, Kingston University London
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2014
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107649187
- length: 400 pages
- dimensions: 255 x 190 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.85kg
- contains: 165 colour illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Communications barriers and planning the Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
2. Principles of generating insights
3. Principles of brand positioning
4. Principles of media planning and budgeting in advertising
5. Traditional and digital media
6. Principles of advertising creativity
7. Planning and executing the creative appeal
8. Principles of social influence
9. Principles of using public relations, corporate reputation and sponsorship
10. Principles of influence in personal selling
11. Principles of direct marketing and sales promotion
12. Principles of advertising: pretesting and campaign tracking
13. An integrative review.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked