Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Developed from three decades' worth of lecture notes which the author used to teach at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, this unique textbook presents a comprehensive treatment of structural dynamics and mechanical vibration. The chapters in this book are self-contained so that instructors can choose to be selective about which topics they teach. Written with an application-based focus, the text covers topics such as earthquake engineering, soil dynamics, and relevant numerical methods techniques that use MATLAB. Advanced topics such as the Hilbert transform, gyroscope forces, and spatially periodic structures are also treated extensively. Concise enough for an introductory course yet rigorous enough for an advanced or graduate-level course, this textbook is also a useful reference manual - even after the final exam - for professional and practicing engineers.Read more
- Self-contained chapters enable instructors to identify and select relevant sections for their teaching
- The author has drawn on three decades' worth of lecture notes which he used to teach at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Presents a concise yet comprehensive treatment of structural dynamics and mechanical vibration
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316774168
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamental principles
2. Single degree-of-freedom systems
3. Multiple degree-of-freedom systems
4. Continuous systems
5. Wave propagation
6. Numerical methods
7. Earthquake engineering and soil dynamics
8. Advanced topics
9. Mathematical tools
10. Problem sets.
Sorry, this resource is locked