Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Originally published in 1924, this book presents an account regarding the direct numerical calculation of elliptic functions and integrals. Notes are incorporated and an appendix section containing examples is also included. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in the history of mathematics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316612729
- length: 52 pages
- dimensions: 204 x 134 x 4 mm
- weight: 0.08kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Historical note on Landen's transformation and the various scales of moduli and amplitudes
3. On the scale of arithmetico-geometrical means
4. Landen's scale of increasing amplitudes
5. The hyperbolic scale of increasing amplitudes
6. Gauss' scale of increasing amplitudes
7. Landen's scale of decreasing amplitudes
8. The hyperbolic scale of decreasing amplitudes
9. On the numerical computation of the third elliptic integral
10. Note on the calculation of the third elliptic integral in terms of the complementary A. G. M. scale
Summary of formulae
Appendix. Examples 1-35.
Sorry, this resource is locked