Accessing Cambridge Elevate
1. Upon purchase, the main administrator will be sent the Cambridge Elevate login details and password. Only the main administrator is sent login credentials. Teachers will register through codes distributed by the admin and students will register through codes shared by the teachers.
2. Administrators create Teacher Access Codes for teachers to use (administrator accounts also have teacher functionality).
- Administrators are not required to create Teacher Access Codes for titles Teachers have purchased Book Codes for. Please see this list for titles that still require Teacher Access Codes. (link to list).
3. Teachers use the code to self-register at elevate.cambridge.org, or, if they’re already registered, enter it under ‘Add Books’ in the top right hand of the screen.
4. Teachers create student groups, which have an associated Student Access Code.
5. Students can use the Student Access Code to self-register at elevate.cambridge.org, or, if they’re already registered, enter it under ‘Add Books’, or ‘Join a Group’ in the top right hand of the screen. All codes created by the admin are for teacher use only.
If you had requested and been granted admin rights, you will need to log out after being granted rights and then log back in for the changes to be registered.
Granting Administrator privileges
The main administrator is nominated by the school at time of order placement and set up by Customer Services. They will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their username and password. The main administrator can give admin access to other teachers in the school under the Manage users tab by pressing the User icon next to the relevant user to see their details and then pressing the Edit button and selecting ‘Give administrator rights’.
Managing users and licenses
Deleting groups and/or users
Go to Manage groups and select the bin/trash icon to delete a group. A student cannot be removed from the school, but can be removed from a group.
If a student has been removed from a group the licence will be credited to your school’s Cambridge Elevate account from which the Main Administrator is free to distribute as necessary.
Resetting /changing the password of a teacher or student
Under the Manage users tab, press the Person button to see the user’s details and the Edit button to change them.
Admins can fix errors in names and email addresses as well as reset passwords.
Student and teacher activity
The administrator can see who has registered within the system, but cannot see login activity or any detailed information, such as account activity, annotations, or messages.
The administrator has access to name and email addresses, and can see details of the titles teachers and students are allocated to. They cannot see passwords, or any account activity. The administrator can change email addresses and reset passwords if needed.
Latest newsAll news
21 April 2017
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017
Are you ready to take part in the world's oldest essay writing competition?
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×