Accessing Cambridge Elevate
1. Upon purchase, the main administrator will be sent the Cambridge Elevate login details and password. Only the main administrator is sent login credentials. Teachers will register through codes distributed by the admin and students will register through codes shared by the teachers.
2. Administrators create Teacher Access Codes for teachers to use (administrator accounts also have teacher functionality).
- Administrators are not required to create Teacher Access Codes for titles Teachers have purchased Book Codes for. Please see this list for titles that still require Teacher Access Codes.
3. Teachers use the code to self-register at elevate.cambridge.org, or, if they’re already registered, enter it under ‘Add Books’ in the top right hand of the screen.
4. Teachers create student groups, which have an associated Student Access Code.
5. Students can use the Student Access Code to self-register at elevate.cambridge.org, or, if they’re already registered, enter it under ‘Add Books’, or ‘Join a Group’ in the top right hand of the screen. All codes created by the admin are for teacher use only.
If you had requested and been granted admin rights, you will need to log out after being granted rights and then log back in for the changes to be registered.
Granting Administrator privileges
The main administrator is nominated by the school at time of order placement and set up by Customer Services. They will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their username and password. The main administrator can give admin access to other teachers in the school under the Manage users tab by pressing the User icon next to the relevant user to see their details and then pressing the Edit button and selecting ‘Give administrator rights’.
Managing users and licenses
Deleting groups and/or users
Go to Manage groups and select the bin/trash icon to delete a group. A student cannot be removed from the school, but can be removed from a group.
If a student has been removed from a group the licence will be credited to your school’s Cambridge Elevate account from which the Main Administrator is free to distribute as necessary.
Resetting /changing the password of a teacher or student
Under the Manage users tab, press the Person button to see the user’s details and the Edit button to change them.
Admins can fix errors in names and email addresses as well as reset passwords.
Student and teacher activity
The administrator can see who has registered within the system, but cannot see login activity or any detailed information, such as account activity, annotations, or messages.
The administrator has access to name and email addresses, and can see details of the titles teachers and students are allocated to. They cannot see passwords, or any account activity. The administrator can change email addresses and reset passwords if needed.
Performing a Bulk Upload
1. Click on the Admin tab at the top of the page
2. Click on Manage users button
3. Click on the import/export options
4. Click on ‘Download Template’ – Excel
Please note that the spreadsheet is sensitive to changes and particular characters. For the spreadsheet to pass the upload process, you are unable to change the width of the columns, font type, size of the text, or add/move buttons.
5. The required fields are highlighted in bold - please enter the first name (column B), username (column D), password (column E), user type (column F), and email address of the student/teacher (column G). The user type is either Student or Teacher.
6. If the students/teachers have school email addresses, please insert them. If not please insert a dummy email address. Dummy email addresses must be unique.
7. Once you have completed this process save the file in Excel as an 'Excel workbook', and click Import.
8. Click on Validate to see if the spreadsheet passes. The total number of valid and invalid users are included. If there are any invalid users click the Download report button to find out the issues.
9. Any issues will be highlighted in red in the report spreadsheet, Remarks (column K) has specific information about issues.
Common issues and solutions are:
|Duplicate email addresses||Change email address before re-uploading spreadsheet|
|Duplicate usernames||Change username before re-uploading spreadsheet|
|Added or removed columns from the template spreadsheet||Download new template and transfer information across|
|Missing information from required columns||Add information to required cells before re-uploading spreadsheet|
Adding or removing columns may result in the error message:
10. Make corrections to the original spreadsheet NOT to the report spreadsheet.
11. Once corrections have been made repeat steps 7 and 8 above.
12. Once the upload is complete, you will see all of the users on your account.
Latest newsAll news
25 September 2017
Get ready, get (large data) set, go!
A/AS level maths author Paul Fannon discusses how to make working with large data sets...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×