Find guidance on how to register on Cambridge Elevate, how to use the site and how best to blend Cambridge Elevate in your classroom.
1. Visit elevate.cambridge.org.
2. Select the I’m a teacher button.
3. Fill in your registration details.
4. You have now registered as a teacher but we still need to verify your account. This will take approximately 48 hours. Verification is required to unlock full account functionality i.e. creating groups.
5. Click on the Account status button to track your verification.
Books that you have purchased will appear on your Home page. Click on the cover to open a book.
Click on the ellipsis to see:
- About this book – gives you information about your book and subscription.
- Your contents list – allows you to customise the table of contents of your books.
- Create group - use this button to create student groups for your books. Click here for a more in-depth guide about groups. Please note that this functionality is only available after you have been verified as a teacher.
Use the Add books button to add new books to your Home page.
Or you can use the plus icon.
Use the Sort button to sort your books. You can sort your books alphabetically, by date added or date used.
To view and manage any groups you create select the Manage groups tab.
Click the Help button to search through a bank of help topics or to view the site tours.
Send/receive messages to/from your students
To send messages to your students click on the Messages button and select a recipient from the pre-populated list. This could be a group or an individual. Compose your message and send. A notification will appear on your message button when you have a new message. For more help watch out how to video.
Change your settings
To access your settings and to log out, click on the dropdown menu beneath your profile.
From here you can change your Account settings (when on the Home page), Reader settings and log out.
Renew your title
- To continue to access your title, you need to put in a new book code. This can be done using the add books button.
Or the plus icon.
- You can enter a new book codewhen the Expiring badge has appeared on your book. This badge appears when your title is within 90 days of its expiry date.
Expired titles have an orange ‘expired’ badge.
To find out when your book will expire click on the ‘About this book’ in the ellipsis menu underneath your book.
For more information watch our how to video.
The sidebar allows you to easily navigate through your book by clicking on the contents.
Clicking on a section within the contents will take you to its location in the book.
You can open the sidebar and contents without navigating away from the page.
The sidebar will always feature the Contents and My Activity buttons, other items may vary per book.
Contents shows the contents list for the book.
Bookmarks shows any bookmarks you may have created.
My Activity lists your annotation activity.
Media lists available media content for your page, chapter and book.
Assessment lists all the assessments in the book.
Glossary lists all the keyword terms in your book.
When you make an annotation Annotation badges will appear in the sidebar.
The bottom toolbar contains the following depending on your book:
You can also use the arrows at the side of the page to navigate between pages.
Search can be found in the top bar when you are inside a book.
To add an annotation to your book, select the text you’d like to annotate with the cursor. After selecting the text, you can choose to highlight the passage, add a note, weblink, hyperlink or voice note.
You can add multiple annotations to the same section of text. You can also navigate to edit or delete your annotations.
For more help watch out how to video.
To filter all of your annotations select My Activity. Annotations are organised by Contents or by Time (most recent first). To filter the annotations that show select Filters and choose the Chapter/Topic, Annotation Type or Group.
The Annotation types that can be filtered are Note, Weblink, Hyperlink and Voice.
The Group filter allows you to selectively choose which shared or unshared annotations to show based on group.
To selectively show annotations on the text access the Reader settings located in the dropdpwn menu beneath your profile
or in the Bottom toolbar. Select or deselect Show My Annotations and/or Show Teacher Annotations and click save.
1. Click on the Manage users button at the top of the homepage
2. Click on the import/export options
3. Click on ‘Download Template’ – Excel
Please note that the spreadsheet is sensitive to changes and particular characters. For the spreadsheet to pass the upload process, you are unable to change the width of the columns, font type, size of the text, or add/move buttons.
4. The required fields are highlighted in bold - please enter the first name (column B), username (column D), password (column E), user type (column F), and email address of the student/teacher (column G). The user type is either Student or Teacher.
5. If the students/teachers have school email addresses, please insert them. If not please insert a dummy email address. Dummy email addresses must be unique.
6. Once you have completed this process save the file in Excel as an 'Excel workbook', and click Import.
7. Click on Validate to see if the spreadsheet passes. The total number of valid and invalid users are included. If there are any invalid users click the Download report button to find out the issues.
Latest newsAll news
13 April 2018
Learn more about teaching probability with our free, online course
We’ve partnered with FutureLearn, the social learning platform, to help maths teachers all over the...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×