- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Subject(s):English Language
- Available from: October 2015
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
A digital only resource that supports AQA Step up to English Level Certificate levels.
Send a Query×
Written for the AQA Step up to English Entry Level 3 Certificate for first teaching from September 2015, and tailored specifically for EAL students, this resource provides extensions to the Cambridge Step up to English projects designed for second-language students. Designed for maximum flexibility, teachers can pick and mix the projects and support differentiation in mixed-ability classrooms using other Cambridge Step up to English resources. Please note that you will need the Teacher Planning and Delivery Resource and the relevant Entry Level worksheets to make full use of this product.
Designed specifically for EAL students, with activities that will help develop language skills in preparation for GCSE.
Developed to work alongside the Cambridge Step up to English Entry Level 3 resources to support EAL students in a mixed-ability classroom.
All worksheets and activities are provided in editable format so they can be tailored to the learners’ specific needs.
The pack contains specific teacher guidance and learner resources for each individual Step Up to English project to enable the learner to access the course fully and prepare to progress on to GCSE.
Projects can be chosen to fit within the time available for the course, allowing for teaching within a couple of months to over a year, while still giving confidence that all content and skills have been covered.
Designed for co-teaching with projects from other titles in the Cambridge Step up to English series, supporting differentiation in mixed-ability classrooms.
Also available within a Complete Bundle Pack, alongside resources for Entry Level 1, Entry Level 2, Entry Level 3, EAL learners and full teacher planning and delivery support.
- Literacy Projects: 1. Celebrity Fact Files
- 2. The World of Work - Investigating job ads and writing and application
- 3. Planning - Planning an event for the class
- 4. Keep in Touch - Looking at text messages, letters and emails
- 5. Travel - finding information about a holiday destination
- Creative Projects: 6. Story Writing - Planning, structuring, drafting and completing an original story
- 7. Rhythm and Rhyme - Research and compile your own poetry anthology
- 8. Travel Through Time - Travel writing from different eras
- 9. Drama - Exploring Shakespeare
- 10. Telling Stories - Comparing stories in place and time
- Workshop Projects: 11. Advertising - make your own advert
- 12. A Structured Debate - Your topic, your views
- 13. Writing the Web - Making your own web page
- 14. Storybox - Three objects and the stories they tell about you
- 15. Critical skills building for GCSE
Latest newsAll news
17 June 2019
Unlocking science for English language learners
How to cover speaking, listening, reading and writing skills for ESL learners in your science...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×